Dawg Development - Is a development program for athletes participating in Copperas Cove Athletics. Details of the program are as follows.
Core Dawg (Blue shirt)
An athlete who is in a sport during the Fall season (Football/Cross Country), Winter season (Basketball/Powerlifting/Track), and Spring season (Track). The athlete must attend practice at least 90% of the time to be eligible for the Core Dawg program.
- Example- Athlete participates in- FB, BB, and Track.
Platinum Dawg (Black shirt)
Meets all the requirements of a Core Dawg and also attends a second sport or attends both practices of Track/Powerlifting.
- Example- Athlete participates in- FB, BB/Track, and Track (Morning/Afternoon)
- Mule Dawg- Dec. 1- Dec. 12th & Jan. 5th- Feb. 6th
- Track/ Powerlifting- 6:30-7:30 am (Monday- Friday) & 4:30-5:30 pm (Monday, Tuesday, & Thursday)
- Monday, Wednesday, & Friday- Weights
- Tuesday & Thursday- Plyo’s
- Basketball- 4:00-5:30 pm (Monday- Friday – Games on Thursdays)
- *Basketball Practice will change to 6:15-7:30 am starting on January 5th, 2015* (Monday - Friday)
- Athletic Period- Competition or weights/plyo’s
- Competition will be for the athletes that attend practice in the morning and afternoon.
- Testing- Feb. 2nd- Feb. 6th –
- 40 yard sprint
- Height & Weight
- Iron Dawg- Feb. 9th- End of Track
- Track/Powerlifting- 6:30-7:30 am (Monday- Friday)
- Track/Powerlifting- 4:30-5:15 pm
- Track Events- 5:15-6:30 pm